Gagliano Aterno, Abruzzo, Italy 2013
Castello di Gagliano Aterno. Constructed in 1328 by Isabella d'Aquila, Contessa di Celano. Seriously damaged in 1462 by Braccio di Montone. In 1463 became a property of Piccolomini family and then it was taken over by the Barberini family who owned it until 1806. Today belongs to the marchesi Lazzeroni. It is one of the better preserved fortified castles in Italy. Still used as a residence and cannot be visited.